CAPITALISM by Ayn Rand (unabridged) is presented by Blackstone Audio and comes with what is perhaps the best audiobook app available (see FEATURES, below).
“[Ayn Rand is] a writer of great power.” (New York Times)
In this series of essays, Ayn Rand and others present their stand on the persecution of big business, the causes of war, the default of conservatism, and the evils of altruism. Here is a challenging look at modern society by some of America’s most provocative intellectuals.
Self-contained, this audiobook app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. Based on a library-quality recording, this app was built especially for your iPhone and iPod Touch. No unreadable text, no endless scrolling on a tiny screen. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality, making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
NOTICE: This app includes the exact same 5-star recording offered elsewhere at much higher prices. It was professionally recorded by Blackstone Audio’s Audie®-winning narrator, Anna Fields. You are not buying yet another amateur or volunteer narration. No clicks, background noises, throat clearing, mispronunciations, tinny voices or monotones will be found here.
“One of the most revolutionary and powerful works on capitalism—and on politics—that has ever been published.” (Professor Leonard Peikoff, Barron’s magazine)
• EXPERIENCE. About 14.5 hours of narration. Created as a Folium enhancedAudio™ edition, this book includes extra functions and features not found on lesser players.
• PLAYER CONTROLS. Includes listen (play), pause, multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, one-touch chapter- and bookmark browser. There is also a “scrub” bar that finds any point inside the chapter with just a tap.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, youll love this feature. Once set, the book will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and smarter than average.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the book you’ve come.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airplane-ready! Once downloaded, listen uninterrupted without threat from a lost network connection. Downloads are usually just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the book again.
• TELL-A-FRIEND. An easy way to recommend the book to your friends or Twitter feed.
• FEEDBACK. Share your ideas for books, functions, and features. We are very responsive to our listeners and appreciate all feedback and ideas.
RATING: Suitable for anyone interested in social/economic philosophy, or who enjoys the works of Ayn Rand.
The foundations of capitalism are being battered by a flood of altruism, which is the cause of the modern world’s collapse. This is the view of Ayn Rand, a view so radically opposed to prevailing attitudes that it constitutes a major philosophic revolution. In her series of essays, she presents her stand on the persecution of big business, the causes of war, the default of conservatism, and the evils of altruism. This collection of twenty-six essays includes twenty by Ayn Rand as well as three essays by Alan Greenspan, two by Nathaniel Branden, and one by Robert Hessen.